Recipe by Heirloom
This is a fantastic, low fat spaghetti sauce I just tried out the other night. Delicious!
Top Review by Backwoods Baker
Absolutely excellent! My first time cooking with turkey of any kind and was weary about it, but this recipe calmed my fears! I didn't have crushed tomatoes so I used 2 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes from my garden and diced them up. It was great! My 11 year old loved it too!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 1/2 quart pot/pan brown the ground turkey over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add tomato paste and crushed tomatoes, stirring until all is combined.
- Add chicken broth to thin it down a little bit.
- Add spices, butter, and salt and pepper and allow to simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes (just long enough to boil the water and cook the pasta!).
- Taste and adjust seasonings to preference.