Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is really interesting, healthy and good...
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus (trimmed in 1 inch pieces, blanched)
- 1 small onion (sliced thin)
- 1 large orange (peeled, in sections)
- 1⁄2 a red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (chopped coarse, toasted)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 head romaine lettuce (separated)
- Brown turkey. Drain. Let cool.
- Stir in the aparagus, onion, orange, pepper and almonds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon, sour cream, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Toss with turkey mix to coat.
- Serve with lettuce at table.
- Wrap in leaves to eat.
This was quite good, wasn't sure about it from the list of ingredients...but yum! A great, hearty and light salad.
Lovely supper , quite delicious!! it was nice to find a recipe like this that uses "no fat" items. I used fresh grated ginger and only had iceburg lettuce in, it worked very well to make lettuce baskets to roll up. We really enjoyed them and I will make them again, thanks for posting.