Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family was tired of the usual Chicken & Rice dish that I make so I came up with this one dish meal that's easy to throw together. They like this more than the Chicken & Rice. If you like more rice you can increase it by another 1/2 cup. You could even experiment using other vegetables i.e., frozen corn niblets, peas, green beans, etc.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup regular long grain rice
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Sprinkle the seasoned salt and (if using) fennel seed over the ground turkey. Mix well.
- Spray large skillet with vegetable spray and place turkey mixture in pan. Over medium-high heat cook and stir Turkey until browned; drain well. While the Turkey is draining add the vegetables to the hot pan and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the Turkey back into the pan and mix. Sprinkle rice over mixture and pour in Chicken broth. When broth comes to a boil reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed. When the rice is cooked if there is still too much liquid in the pan remove cover, increase the heat and continue cooking until all liquid is absorbed.
Me and the kids loved this!
My family DH & 8 year old LOVE this recipe so much it's apart of our weekly menu! Sometimes I use ground beef, but the turkey tastes better. I didn't have fennel seed to add once and it still tastes GREAT.