1/2 Photos of Ground Turkey Phyllo Pies
Traditional phyllo pies stuffed with ground turkey, spinach, artichokes and feta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (use as much or little as you like)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup drained pickled artichoke heart
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Sauté garlic in a couple tsp olive oil on low heat. Mix ground turkey with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, spinach and 1/4 of the feta cheese. Mix to incorporate.
- 2Add the meat mixture to garlic and cook; add the olives 1 minute before removing meat from heat.
- 3Allow to cool.
- 4Chop the artichoke hearts; add to cooled mixture along with remaining feta.
- 5Cut phyllo pastry in to wide strips depending on desired size (Keep under moistened towel while working).
- 6Combine melted butter and EVOO.
- 7Add some paprika for color if desired.
- 8Brush phyllo with butter/olive oil and keep layering till 4 or 5 sheets.
- 9Spoon in mixture and fold phyllo in triangle flag fold.
- 10Place face down on baking sheet.
- 11Sprinkle with Some Zattar or Adonis seasoning or some sesame seeds.
- 12Bake @375 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey Phyllo Pies
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 372.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g