Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Traditional phyllo pies stuffed with ground turkey, spinach, artichokes and feta.
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (use as much or little as you like)
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup raw spinach
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄4 cup drained pickled artichoke heart
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- phyllo dough
- 1⁄4 cup of melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sauté garlic in a couple tsp olive oil on low heat. Mix ground turkey with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, spinach and 1/4 of the feta cheese. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the meat mixture to garlic and cook; add the olives 1 minute before removing meat from heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Chop the artichoke hearts; add to cooled mixture along with remaining feta.
- Cut phyllo pastry in to wide strips depending on desired size (Keep under moistened towel while working).
- Combine melted butter and EVOO.
- Add some paprika for color if desired.
- Brush phyllo with butter/olive oil and keep layering till 4 or 5 sheets.
- Spoon in mixture and fold phyllo in triangle flag fold.
- Place face down on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Some Zattar or Adonis seasoning or some sesame seeds.
- Bake @375 15-20 minutes.
Made the filling the same, but don't have the money to get phyllo dough just for this recipe so i used reduced fat crescent rolls. came out great! my boyfriend loves them! made so much filling that the next day made up a sauce with it and served it over noodles, also loved. thanks!
**also left out the olives, don't like them
The filling was awesome, I could have (and almost did) eat all of it on it's own! I maybe used too much butter on the dough, they were very greasy. Overall very good but time consuming and I think next time I may just use the filling for a lettuce wrap.
I made these exactly as described minus the sesame seeds and spices at the end. I thought it was perfect without it. My husband loved dipping these into cucumber sauce.