Recipe by Charlotte J
Great Goulash by Rachael Ray
Top Review by MaryT927
This is a regular in the rotation at our house. Although, the first time I made it I found it to be a little bland, but that was an easy fix. A little shake of some season salt & a couple dashes of cayenne pepper and you're good to go!
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground lean white turkey meat
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to boil add pasta and salt.
- Cook pasta 6 minutes to al dente.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil then butter then ground meat and brown.
- Add garlic, onions, red bell peppers and seasonings to the turkey.
- Cook 5 or 6 minutes then add chicken stock and sour cream to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Add cooked pasta and stir.
- Let pasta absorb some sauce, a minute or so.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
- Garnish the prepared dish with chopped parsley.