Recipe by foodtvfan
Simply spiced ground turkey or chicken made into patties with seasonings readily available in most pantries. I used Ritz crackers and minced sweet onion instead of the onion flakes. You can cook these patties up to 2 days before serving. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook. When you want to serve, microwave on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds. Originally from a Family Circle magazine clipping. Excellent served with French Toast and fruit for breakfast or brunch. I have also made these patties into a breakfast sandwich with a fried egg and slice of cheese on top of a toasted English muffin.
Top Review by KeturahB
Really good recipe! Easy to make and very flavorful. My husband likes them a lot and said they were much better than walking down to the local fast food place for a chicken sandwich. That's what he would have done before we were married back in January. I really enjoy these patties too. They are moist and delicious. I usually make them on the small side and use a brown and serve roll as a bun! YUM! Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavored cracker, finely crushed (about 12 crackers,like Ritz)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes or 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey or chicken, crushed crackers, onion flakes, poultry seasoning, garlic salt or garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper.
- Shape into six patties each about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches in diameter or other size as desired. Adjust cooking time if changing size or thickness of patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and cook on all sides for a total of 10 minutes or until nicely browned and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer. Or,cut into one cooked patty to make sure it is no longer pink inside.