Recipe by kmpd31
An easy loose meat filling for sandwiches.
Top Review by Seasons
Not sure how this goes on sandwich... Maybe use thickener?? I didn't use onion, I did use powdered garlic...no chicken flavor so I added salt and pepper and diced two tomato without skin. I'm going to cook until carrots are soft then put over noodles. That or add rice and mushroom soup or put over noodles. Not sure yet...so far flavor is awesome!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 3⁄4 cup water (or use chicken broth for base and water)
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey.
- Add vegetables with turkey and cook until tender.
- Add water and chicken base.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Can sit on med-low 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns.
- Also good served over pasta or mashed potatoes.
- To make burgers finely chop vegetables. Mix egg, meat and veggies, omitting water, and make into patties. Cook on grill, under broiler or on stove top.