1/1 Photo of Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
This easy one pot meal is hard to mess up. I use Iceberg lettuce but you can use your favorite. If you don’t care for sesame oil, you can substitute with Kikkoman Mirin Style Sweet Cooking Seasoning. It has a different flavor but it works out well. Also, fresh ginger may be used in place of the pickled ginger. Just thought I'd mention that the chili sauce is hot. You may want to start with less and add to your taste. The total prep/cooking time is around 30 minutes...I was prepping as I was cooking (adding to the pan as I went along.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 iceberg lettuce leaves (or your favorite lettuce leaf)
- 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed in 2-3 Tbsp water)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (Viladia, Maui, etc)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup lee kum lee hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons pickled ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon nishiki rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon asian chili-garlic sauce (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1Rinse lettuce leaves and pat dry. Set aside.
- 2Brown ground turkey in the oil in a medium skillet over high heat, stirring often. Drain excess liquid. Add cornstarch mixture; mix in well. Continue cooking, over med heat.
- 3Add chopped onion.
- 4Add garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, wine vinegar, and chili sauce.
- 5Add water chestnuts, green onions, and sesame oil.
- 6Continue cooking until onions are transluscent in appearance (about 2 minutes or so).
- 7Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and place the meat mixture in a separate container in the center.
- 8To serve, allow each person to spoon 2 portions of meat onto a lettuce leaf … wrapping the lettuce around the mixture like a burrito.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (13176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar