Explosions of tastes make this a wonderful twist on our old favorite appetizer. Actually, we make a meal out of this! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemongrass paste or 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lemongrass
- 6 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 cup loosely chopped mushroom
- 1/4 cup loosely chopped water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, lemon grass paste, fish sauce and salt/pepper until thoroughly mixed and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2In a large saucepan or wok, heat peanut oil and stir fry the green onions, serrano peppers, ginger, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and garlic until soft (about 4 mins). Now add the ground turkey and hoisin sauce then cook until done (turkey is brown).
- 3Chop the fresh herbs as above and place each in an individual serving container (small bowl or ramekin).
- 4To make the sauce: In a small mixing bowl, soak the crushed red pepper in lime juice for several minutes Add the garlic, sugar, and fish sauce and stir to dissolve the sugar. Transfer to a serving container and add the grated carrots and serve at room temperature Refrigerated, the sauce will keep in a tightly covered container for up to 5 days.
- 5To Serve: Arrange lettuce on a large platter surrounded by the containers of chopped herbs, etc. and the sauce. To make a wrap take a lettuce leaf in hand, scoop a large tablespoon of meat on to lettuce leaf, then add any herbs that you like. Add a teaspoon of sauce onto the mixture on the leaf and then roll and eat. Yum!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 2434.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: