Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick-to-fix meal which is heart-healthy and diabetic. Add a bowl of fruit and a glass of skim milk and you have a delicious meal. Cheap too!
- 1 lb macaroni (whole grain)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (Hunt's Italian no sugar added)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook turkey, onions, and green peppers in the microwave, drain and add sauce.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Mix together and enjoy!
I cooked a pound of macaroni but only used half of it as I didn't feel that there would have been enough sauce for a pound of pasta. This was a good basic, quick, weeknight meal.
This is a very quick fix and came out wonderfully. DH and DD both gave it a five - hard to get agreement between the 2 of them!! For the record, I used Ragu's Organic Traditional spaghetti sauce, spiral rotini pasta and I left out the mushrooms...but a very delish dish and easy for a Friday night. Thanks MissKitty62656 for a great idea. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.