Recipe by Jenniegal
This is absolutely delicious! Try this on people who claim they don't like ground turkey. They shouldn't be able tell this isn't ground beef. Warmed up leftovers are even tastier. I did not use the parmesan cheese when I made this.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up, with liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups dry pasta (twists or other)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook turkey in olive oil until no longer pink. Add onion and celery, cook until onion is soft. Add green pepper and garlic, cook several minutes. Add tomatoes with liquid, mushrooms, along with other seasonings.
- While mixture simmers, cook pasta according to directions. Be sure pasta is not overcooked before adding to mixture as it will continue to soften. Add drained pasta into sauce, cover and let simmer about 1/2 hour to absorb flavor. Stir occasionally. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.