Recipe by Pookie Ann
I made this recipe up the other day when I was in the mood for soup, but all I had was ground turkey. I've only made it once, so I don't have it perfected, but it turned out pretty good. My husband really liked it as well. It tastes almost like a corn chowder with ground turkey. It's somewhat bland, but it's soothing to your stomach (especially a pregnant stomach) Yummy :) Plus, you only have one pan to clean afterwards :) Yea!!!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- garlic salt
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 2 ears corn, cooked
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey in soup pot, season with pepper and garlic salt. Drain or rinse meat if desired.
- Add the 10 cups of chicken broth and the poultry seasoning to the pot with the meat, bring to boil.
- Thinly slice celery and carrots. Add to the soup pot.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them up in chunks. I prefer mine to be smaller, they cook faster. Add the potatoes now.
- Cut the corn off the ear, but remember to scrape off the little kernels that stay on there. They should come off fairly easy. I think it's the little pieces of corn that add all the flavor. Add these to the soup now.
- Turn the burner down to medium. Let cook for approximately 20-25 mins or until veggies are as tender as desired.
- Turn the burner back up to high. Mix the cornstarch with a small amount of cold water to make a thin paste. Add to the boiling soup while stirring. If it isn't thick enough, feel free to add more.
- Enjoy! :).