Recipe by MA HIKER
This is a low fat, slow cooker version that my family loves. I actually brown two packages of ground turkey. First night I serve tacos, the next morning I put all the cooked turkey in the slow cooker that night for dinner.
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
We love this just as written. DH likes some fresh, sliced jalapeno on the side. I love the option to cook on either low for the 4 or high for the 8 hours and at 195 Calories per serving it is going to be in the weekly rotation around here. Thank you so much for sharing this healthy tasty recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground turkey and garlic in a nonstick pan, breaking apart the meat with a spoon until browned. Drain off any fat.
- Add the chili powder and cumin and stir to coat the meat.
- Mix the tomatoes, beans, onion, chiles, tomato paste in a slow cooker. Stir in the meat mixture.
- Cook and cook until flavors are blended (4-5 hours high, 8-10 hours low.