Recipe by Kendalsmom Lewis
I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine & added the broccoli. My family is more likely to eat vegetables if they can't really taste them. Enjoy!
Top Review by ayedub
It was a hit. My husband said it tasted like lasagna. To save time, I cooked the broccoli with the noodles. After straining, I used the same dish to make the cream cheese mixture.
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 ounces cubed cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Noodles.
- Steam broccoli until just tender 2-3 minutes.
- In large skillet, cook turkey& onion over medium heat; drain.
- Mix in tomato sauce& Italian seasoning.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover& simmer for approx 10 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, combine milk powder, water, cream cheese cubes, parsley& garlic.
- Cook& stir over med heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Drain Noodles, add to cream cheese mixture.
- Put into an 8-in sq baking dish coated w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix broccoli into Turkey mixture and top noodles.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.