Recipe by Butterfly_acookin
I found this on another site, and plan on making it this week, so I'm posting it here so I don't lose it. I'll update after I make it. =]
Top Review by my3girlz
This was great..I have a busy night out with the kids so I just made this for an early dinner. I did a few minor things differently such as cut the recipe down to 4 servings instead of eight and I used ground turkey breast instead of just ground turkey. I also browned the turkey with a little montreal chicken seasoning and added some fresh flat leaf parsley in with it after I added the sauce. Then after I put the sour cream/ cream cheese layer I sprinkled it with a little taco seasoning then topped it with the shredded cheddar. Great recipe though, I'm sure it would be good as wriiten too, I just prefer to season things up. Next time Im gonna try using cilantro in place of the parsley. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) packageuncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground turkey for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Drain the turkey, stir in the tomato sauce and sugar, and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Place them into a 9x13-inch baking dish, then layer the turkey mixture over the noodles. Then layer the sour cream mixture over the turkey, and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.