Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy, healthy, quick, and very good. I've been making variations of this soup for years. I thought I'd record it.
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can okra (cut okra)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup water
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn (whole kernels)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- salt and pepper, to taste at the end of the cook
- Add all ingredients to a large stew pot and simmer on the top of the stove for 35 minutes after the soup reaches the boiling point.