Recipe by PanNan
This delicious recipe is easy to prepare and very satisfying. It's also great for my South Beach Diet. It's based on a recipe in Martha Stewart's Every Day Food magazine, but slightly modified.
Top Review by Ms B.
Very good chili. I used olive oil instead of the canola. I also didn't have jalapenos on hand, and therefore subbed green pepper. I added a couple of large spoonfuls of Salsa Fresca #72744 while sauteing the onions and green peppers. We did not garnish with sour cream, but did serve the chili with corn bread. Very easy and wonderful flavor.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey (lean)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a dutch oven or deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until browned, stirring to break up turkey.
- Add chopped onion and minced jalapeno and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in ground cumin and tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cannellini beans, the broth and the water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thicker, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and place a dollop of light sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro on top of each serving.