Rambling Rose's Note:
So simple it shouldn't really be a recipe, but for years I never thought of using salsa instead of those salty taco mix packets. Much tastier and more "real food" flavor and yet just as easy! This salsa idea stolen from my sister (Lowfat Linda), or possibly her husband, who didn't think to post it first. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 ounces salsa (my new favorite is Brad's Organic mild)
- 15 taco shells (hard) or 8 whole wheat tortillas (also Stop and Shop's Nature's Promise)
- 6 ounces cheese, shredded (reduced fat and sodium if you've got it)
- 2 tomatoes, fresh
- 10 leaves lettuce
- 1Fry ground turkey over medium heat with salsa, chopping up well with spatula.
- 2Chop tomatoes, lettuce well.
- 3Warm taco shells and fill with meat, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and top with sour cream or avocado.
- 4Or warm tortillas in frying pan (or microwave) with shredded cheese and add ingredients and roll up.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey and Salsa Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.4
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 822.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 30.2 g