Recipe by BeccaBoo222
I came up with this recipe by simply wanting a yummy, healthy soup with what I had in my fridge... added a little of this and that... and now I make it all the time!
Top Review by Meli
This was so good! I doubled the carrots & celery, used more chicken stock instead of water, and also only used 1 cup of rice like other reviewers. Next time I might add some cabbage too. This soup really hit the spot! Will definitely be making this again:)
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up all vegetables.
- Saute ground turkey in the pot sprayed with Pam.
- Spice turkey with season salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, and a little chili powder. Begin to brown.
- Add vegetables and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add can of green chiles and saute another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of chicken stock and 4 cups of water, and bouillon, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add rice.
- Add a little more seasonings if desired.
- Bring back to a boil, and then simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!