Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe by simply wanting a yummy, healthy soup with what I had in my fridge... added a little of this and that... and now I make it all the time!
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- Chop up all vegetables.
- Saute ground turkey in the pot sprayed with Pam.
- Spice turkey with season salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, and a little chili powder. Begin to brown.
- Add vegetables and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add can of green chiles and saute another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of chicken stock and 4 cups of water, and bouillon, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add rice.
- Add a little more seasonings if desired.
- Bring back to a boil, and then simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Yummy soup! I loved the flavor from the spices used. I also really loved the combination of turkey, veggies and rice. I did end up adding another 4 cups of water to the finished soup because the rice seemed to soak up most of the liquid while simmering. I also ended up using more chicken bouillion because of the extra water. Next time, I might try to use only 1 C of rice. Thank you for a yummy soup recipe!