1/1 Photo of Ground Turkey and Rice Soup
I came up with this recipe by simply wanting a yummy, healthy soup with what I had in my fridge... added a little of this and that... and now I make it all the time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1Chop up all vegetables.
- 2Saute ground turkey in the pot sprayed with Pam.
- 3Spice turkey with season salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, and a little chili powder. Begin to brown.
- 4Add vegetables and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 5Add can of green chiles and saute another 2 - 3 minutes.
- 6Add 4 cups of chicken stock and 4 cups of water, and bouillon, and bring to a boil.
- 7Once boiling, add rice.
- 8Add a little more seasonings if desired.
- 9Bring back to a boil, and then simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- 10Remove from heat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 501.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g