Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A soup recipe that pleased even my children!
- 14.79 ml sunflower oil
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 177.44 ml celery rib, chopped
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 1656.13 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml savory
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml coriander
- salt and pepper
- Put oil in large pot. Saute onions and celery.
- Add chicken broth, spices and rice. Cover and cook 1 hour over medium flame.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey meat and add to the soup mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This soup was pretty good, but not quite 5 star for me. I was afraid that the ground turkey would be a bit bland, so I sprinkled a bit of extra tumeric and savory onto the meat as I was frying it. I also added a bit more sea salt as I went along - I wasn't sure how much I should use originally, since the recipe wasn't very specific.
Overall, it's a pretty tasty soup and I like the brown rice and ground turkey as healthy ingredients.