Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Weeknight Cooking Made Easy. I haven't made it yet but it sounds simple and tasty - two of my prerequisites!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans hominy, rinsed and drained
- Cook the turkey, onion and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes and seasonings and heat through.
- Add hominy and heat through.
This is a healthy favorite at my house. It's hard to find ground turkey recipes and I am a fan of hominy.
this IS simple and tasty. it's super-quick, too! i must admit that i was a bit skeptical about the combination of seasonings, but it actually worked! thanks for a cheap, easy, quick, tasty dinner! made for the bargain basement tag game.