Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't remember where I got this recipe. It was originally made with beef. Family loves this one.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 4ths
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook turkey in skillet with olive oil until no longer pink.
- Put into large casserole dish.
- Stir in eggplant, elbows, water, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Top with tomatoes, onions, and green pepper.
- Cover and cook at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Stir and sprinkle with parmesian cheese.
I changed this around but the flavors were still good. I only used one onion but I would increase it to 1 1/2 next time. I chopped the onion, pepper and threw it in with the meat. I increased the garlic as I do with every dish. I sauteed the garlic with the eggplant. I did not add the tomatoes. This was dry so I had to added some spaghetti sauce to my plate. Spring PAC 2010