Recipe by wife2abadge
This is very tasty! It originally called for ground beef and lots more cheese, but we liked it with ground turkey breast.
Top Review by veggie detox
This was fantastic. Even my 18 yr old picky eater loved it! I added red onion and garlic when I was browning the turkey, chopped green peppers to the filling to give it some extra veggies and used oatmeal in place of the cornmeal. But it turned out great! This will be made again!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mexicorn whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup light butter
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground turkey breast; drain.
- Stir in salt through tomato sauce and set aside.
- To make the crust, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, tsp salt, and baking powder; cut in butter.
- Blend in 1/2 cup of cheese, milk, and egg.
- Spread crust mixture over the bottom & sides of nonstick 9-inch square baking pan or glass pie plate.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.