Karyl Lee's Note:
This amount should feed four twice I think. You may add more beans if you prefer, but you will then probably need to double the spices. This is an SBD style salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
- 5 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1/3 cups salsa picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash cardamom
- 1 dash turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- hot sauce, of choice, added at table (optional)
- 16 -20 cups torn salad greens (bagged salad is fine)
- 8 -10 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 8 -10 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Saute all the veggies and spices together.
- 2Add the turkey and cook until it browns and gives up the fat.
- 3Drain it thoroughly!
- 4Return to pan or pot, add the salsa and the black beans.
- 5Cook until really hot.
- 6Add salt and pepper, and hot sauce if desired.
- 7Serve over mixed salad greens (suggested one cup of turkey bean mixture) with a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream and/or shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey and Black Bean Salad Toss
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 550.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 40.2 g