Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This amount should feed four twice I think. You may add more beans if you prefer, but you will then probably need to double the spices. This is an SBD style salad.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced yellow onions
- 5 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄3 cups salsa picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash cardamom
- 1 dash turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- hot sauce, of choice, added at table (optional)
- 16 -20 cups torn salad greens (bagged salad is fine)
- 8 -10 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 8 -10 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Saute all the veggies and spices together.
- Add the turkey and cook until it browns and gives up the fat.
- Drain it thoroughly!
- Return to pan or pot, add the salsa and the black beans.
- Cook until really hot.
- Add salt and pepper, and hot sauce if desired.
- Serve over mixed salad greens (suggested one cup of turkey bean mixture) with a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream and/or shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.
If there were ten stars, I'd give this eleven!!!!
This was delicious--thank you!
Awesome! I didn't have the cardamom or the turmeric, so I just made everything else just as written and my husband ate nearly all of it himself!! This is a certain keeper!!