Recipe by CrinV
For Sweetheart dinner 2008. Adapted from Dining In
Top Review by M. Joan
I didn't have puff pastry on hand so used some egg roll wraps. (Didn't use the liver pate. Personal Preference.) My Ground Sirloin was already formed into nice thick patties so I sprinkled herbs and spices on the top and wrapped them in the egg rolls, sealing edges with melted butter. Made some gravy to serve over the Sirloin. Delicious! Next time will use the puff pastry.
- 1 (400 g) package puff pastry
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces diced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 1⁄4 lbs twice-ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces liver pate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350F (180C).
- Melt the butter and saute the mushrooms and onion. Allow to cool.
- Mix the sirloin with the mushrooms, onion, seasonings and eggs.
- Roll out the pastry in 8 rectangles of 8"x5".
- Spread the pate in the center then add the filling. Wrap the meat and seal the edges. Brush with a little melted butter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until pastry is golden brown in colour.