Recipe by ElaineAnn
A simple version of country-fried steak. I am not a big fan of country gravy so I serve this with brown gravy and mashed potatoes.
Top Review by CJAY
This was excellent!! The directions were perfect, cook time was right on, and they looked good to boot. I served them with mashed potatoes, country gravy, sauteed mushrooms and peas. The roomies loved this recipe and want me to make it often. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2010.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 4 slices bread, soaked in water and squeezed
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ground beef, bread, onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and pepper.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Press patties into crushed stuffing mix until well coated on all sides.
- Heat shortening in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté patties about 5 minutes on each side until brown and crispy.