Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from bhg.com and we loved it. It makes a decent amount so my husband had a lot of leftovers to finish!
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown the meat.
- In a crockpot, combine onion, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tapioca, peppers, sugar and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Spoon into rolls. Top with cheese if desired.