Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request, this dessert is an adaptation from "Taste of the Middle East," by Soheila Kimberley.
- Blend the ground rice and the cornstarch together into a smooth paste, adding a little of the cold milk.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar, lower heat enough to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Gradually add the ground rice mixture to the milk, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer on very low heat for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has thickened, stirring often and being very careful not to allow it to burn- especially on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the rosewater and half of the ground almonds, simmer 5 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes and then pour into a serving bowl or 4 serving dishes.
- Sprinkle remaining ground almonds and all of the ground pistachios on top and dust with some ground cinnamon.
- Serve with syrup or honey on the side.
- NOTE: It is important to use SHORT grain rice to acheive the proper consistency.
- Grind the raw rice in a blender or food processor.
Don't be scared off by all the steps. The recipe is not as difficult as it looks and is absolutely heaven!