Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is posted in response to a request for rice pudding. It's from the book - Baking without eggs by Radha Saomi Satsang Beas.
- 4 ounces rice flour
- 1 1⁄4 pints milk
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rose water
- chopped pistachios, for garnish
- chopped almonds, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground rice with a little milk and prepare a paste.
- Stir this paste into the remaining milk.
- Cook on slow flame in a heavy saucepan until the mixture thickens.
- Add the caster sugar and rose water.
- Stir well.
- Remove from flame.
- Beat the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Rinse out a mould with a little rose water.
- Pour the pudding mixture into it.
- Leave until firmly set and cold.
- Turn out.
- Sprinkle a few drops of rose water and some caster sugar.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds.