Recipe by AmyMCGS
I was searching for a way to use up some ground pork, and found this on a pork association website. I've altered the original recipe slightly, to suit our tastes. This is just as quick and easy to make as the standard hamburger and store-bought seasoning packet version, with a different flavor that's sure to please!
Top Review by jtrudeau
This was really good! I am 14 and wanted to make dinner for my mom and this was the perfect meal to make! i didn't have garlic powder so i just put in crushed garlic. I also fried the tortialls!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas (or 8 hard taco shells)
- lettuce or shredded cheese or sour cream, etc. for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground pork in a large skillet.
- Add in undrained tomatoes, onion, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is gone- about 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas or taco shells, garnish as desired, and enjoy!