Recipe by Mary Leverington
I did a recipe search for the lowly pork chop sandwich without success. I even did an Internet and a Google search without much information either. I was forced to come up one from memory and from odd bits of information I was able to glean from the countless web sites I poured over.
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
My husband and I loved this recipe ! I used panko breadcrumbs and they were very brown and crunchy. We ate the first 2 patties on hamburger buns and made a completely different meal from the other 2 patties the next day. I bought a jar of heinz pork gravy and served it over the patties with mashed potatoes and peas. Delicious ! Thank you .
- 1 lb ground pork (NOT pork sausage)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- chopped sweet onion
- dill pickle slices
- shredded iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 4 large, flattened patties from the ground pork.
- Dredge first in flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
- Fry on high heat in about 1/8" of vegetable oil until crisp and golden brown.
- Heat buns in the microwave for a minute, wrapped in a kitchen towel.
- Serve garnishes separately.