Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was so yummy and a super budget recipe! Everyone was licking their plates and it was EASY to make! ( note: most of measurements are approximate. play with it! )
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 leek, halved and chooped
- 1 medium portabello mushroom, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, miced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash thyme, and red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- approx. 1 lb. pasta
- - In a large sauce or saute pan, brown pork.
- - As it cooks add leek, carrot and celery.
- - Add garlic and mushroom.
- - After the mushrooms have released most of their water add chicken stock.
- - Bring to light boil and return to low simmer, begin to slowly add cream and vermouth. Stir in sour cream.
- - Add rosemary and bay leaf, thyme and red pepper.
- - As sauce is simmering, make a roux in a separate pan. Melt butter and slowly whisk in flour to do this. You should have a paste.
- - Add this slowly to the sauce to thicken it.
- - In the meantime, cook noodles as directed.
- After sauce has thickened, add sherry if desired. Let simmer for a few minutes and then top the noodles with it!
- - I put fresh parsley on top and thought it was a very nice addition!
This is an economical recipe (ground pork is reasonably priced), as well as an easy for beginning cooks, giving the opportunity to add new items to your cupboard. 1/2t dried herb for 1 sprig rosemary. Sub marsala wine for vermouth, onion for leek. I prepared as written except I forgot bay leaf and added a little more broth at end. Veggies were cooked perfectly and the dish was full of flavor. Thanks for sharing!