Good for cheesecake and pumpkin or Jello pudding pies, but not strong enough for a pie with runny/loose filling. Do NOT substitute margarine or oil for the butter. (learned this the hard way).
- Grind the pecans. Fine ground will help the crust hold together better, coarse gives you a crunchier crust.
- Add the Splenda to the ground nuts.
- Add the butter (softened or outright melted).
- Press mixture into a pie plate or springform pan.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes between 350 and 450, depending on how toasted you want it.
- You can also make this crust ahead of time.