Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good for cheesecake and pumpkin or Jello pudding pies, but not strong enough for a pie with runny/loose filling. Do NOT substitute margarine or oil for the butter. (learned this the hard way).
- 6 ounces pecans (8 oz bag is fine too)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- Grind the pecans. Fine ground will help the crust hold together better, coarse gives you a crunchier crust.
- Add the Splenda to the ground nuts.
- Add the butter (softened or outright melted).
- Press mixture into a pie plate or springform pan.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes between 350 and 450, depending on how toasted you want it.
- You can also make this crust ahead of time.
This is very simple, tasty and as crusts go not bad on the health scale. I used very fine ground pecans and got a lovely fine grained crust that set beautifully. After 10 mins at 400F it came out of the oven soft and puffed but as it cooled a bit I was easily able to make a defined deeper bed with a perfect outcome. I'll use this again.