Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a rich and hearty stew made with fresh vegetables and lean ground meat. Using ground meat makes this a quick stew that can be cooked easily in 1 1/2 hours. I make a batch of corn muffins to crumble and stir in. This recipe can easily be doubled for great leftovers!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef (93/7)
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium fresh carrot sticks, sliced into 1/4 in pieces
- 1⁄3 lb fresh green beans, ends snapped and cut into 1 in pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, finely diced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- Brown hamburger meat and drain the fat off.
- Add the water, carrots, green beans, garlic, onion, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef bouillon, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Note: Don't cook for to long or the potatoes will mush and make the stew to thick!