Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick, tasty version of the infamous dish
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet.
- Stir in flour, granules, cayenne, garlic, and onion powders. Salt to taste.
- Cook, on medium heat, until flour is completely absorbed -- about 6-8mins.
- Stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly with wire whisk until thickened -- about 10mins.
- This is also known as **it on a shingle served over toast, but I enjoy it over homemade mashed potatoes and corn on the cob -- yyuummyy!
Thanks for an easy supper.