Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice refreshing chutney that we like to serve with Indian style meals.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 spring onions
- 2 fresh green chilies
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 40 ml water
- Seed and roughly chop the chillies.
- Crush the garlic with the salt.
- Place these and the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and work until smooth.
- Pack into a small dish, cover and chill until ready to use.
Love this chutney. It's so quick to make and absolutely packed with flavour. I made it with two bunches of coriander, using both leaves and stems, and half of a red onion, which is what I had on hand. It goes so well with much more than just Indian food. So far the two of us have enjoyed it on salmon steaks, prawns, porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes, cheese snacks, and a duck and mango salad. Thanks so much for posting.
If you like cilantro, don't let this one get by you. It's absolutely perfect, refreshing cilantro chutney. Don't save it just for Indian food. It would be great with Mexican/Southwestern, bean dishes, or rich cheese dishes that could use a fresh/acid note for balance. Try it with a grilled cheese sandwich! Thanks so much!
Great recipe! Thanks. I made this to serve with Onion Fritters and my husband asked me if I had hired the local Indian Chef!! Thank you for posting, I will be making this time and time again.