Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have always made my meat loaf this way and so did my Mother. Everyone I have ever served it to thought it was so good. I really like it left over and used for sandwiches. You can replace the crackers with oatmeal if you choose.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb pork sausage (I use Bob Evans)
- salt and pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon sage
- 1 stalk celery (chopped fine)
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1 (1/4 lb) package cracker (crushed fine)
- Mix meats together, add eggs, salt, pepper and sage, mix well.
- Add celery,onion and mushroom and mix well.
- Shape into a high loaf and bake on a rack with water below.
- Bake at 350°F for about 2 to 3 hours.