Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light recipe that is awesome on the taste buds. It is very easy and quick to make and goes nicely along with couscous. You can play around with the vegetable ingredients till you get the right mixture, so those are estimates. I usually get a stir fry mix with peppers and onion and use 1 cup and mince it in a cuisine art chopper. I usually form them on metal skewers and remove them when cooking since my grill is too small.
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Mince garlic.
- Shred onion and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together with a spoon till evenly mixed. You can put in the refrigerator from 30 to 24 hours.
- Use water on hands and form on skewers.
- Cook them on preheated lightly oiled grill, pan, broil, turning every 2 minutes until completely cooked. 6-10 minutes.
This is very tasty, The seasoning is spot on. After grating & combining the onion & sweet bell pepper, I squeezed out as much liquid as possible. I'm glad I did this because the meat mixture is very soft. I combined all the ingredients and formed into 6 equal portions and refrigerated to firm up to make the kebabs. I had trouble forming into kebabs on the skewers, so I made burgers instead. They turned out great and very moist. I would suggest coating your hands with olive oil when forming the kebabs/ burgers, this also helps with browning. If some of the olive oil gets into the meat mixture, all the better! Thanks for posting. I will be making this again.
Made this last night. Very tasty. Spices were spot on. Served it with sour cream, pita bread and oven fries. Delish. I had some ground chicken in the fridge but was looking for something to do with that was easy and did not necessitate me going out for missing items. This recipe fit the bill perfectly. It's a keeper.
Amazing. Love this recipe.