1/3 Photos of Ground Chicken Stir Fried with Basil - Kai Pad Bai Kaprow
This is a great accompaniment or main course for a Thai dinner, wonderfully aromatic, and very tasty! Based on a Madhur Jaffrey recipe, my husband makes this dish often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (Thai basil preferred)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, seeded and cut into strips,amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 5 teaspoons fish sauce (or salt to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1In oil over medium-high heat, saute onion, basil, garlic, green onions, chilies, and grated ginger in oil until onions are soft.
- 2Add ground chicken and sauté until browned.
- 3Mix fish sauce and brown sugar together; add into chicken/basil mixture and stir to coat.
- 4Saute for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Serve with rice.
- 6Note: please use Thai basil if at all possible, which holds up better under heat and is much more aromatic than common Italian/French basil.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Chicken Stir Fried with Basil - Kai Pad Bai Kaprow
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.4
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 195.0 mg
- Sodium 1324.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 42.9 g