Recipe by TwinsPlus1
I just put this together tonight since I decided to buy ground chicken and had no clue what to do with it, haha! I used low fat/low carb/low calorie whole wheat tortillas by La Tortilla Factory. But you could use whatever you wish :)
Top Review by kellychris
This was good and easy. The only change I made was to use a 13oz. can of shredded chicken. DH loved it, but wished it had more layers. I will use smaller tortillas next time and a deeper pan. His only complaint was too many bell peppers (but that's just his personal preference). Thanks so much!!
- 3 -6 tortillas, whole
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 big red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans or 2 cups of homemade refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa (chunky is best)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- garlic or garlic powder
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) can mexicorn (optional) or 1 (16 ounce) canregular kernel corn (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the Ground Chicken, until no longer pink.
- Add the Garlic or Garlic Powder & Lawrys Seasoning Salt to meat.
- **could even add a taco/burrito seasoning packet**.
- Once Chicken is pretty much done, add the salsa and refried beans. (and corn if adding it).
- You can add the onions & bell pepper now or wait until you start layering the dish and let them cook that way.
- Spray the Casserole Dish w/ non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay 1st Tortilla Shell on bottom.
- Sprinkle some Cheese all over Tortilla.
- Then on top of that add the ground chicken mixture.
- If you didn't add the onion & pepper to meat mixture then sprinkle some on top of meat.
- Put 2nd Tortilla Shell on top.
- Repeat Cheese, Meat, etc until entire casserole is full.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for about 35 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.