1/6 Photos of Ground Chicken Casserole
A good tasting, quick weeknight supper casserole. See variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (225 g) box macaroni & cheese dinner mix (Kraft dinner)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, for pasta dinner
- 1/4 cup milk, for pasta dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium walla walla onion, chopped (sweet)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 1 lb ground chicken
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, rolled and chopped in strips
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Prepare pasta dinner as directed on package, with butter or margarine and milk.
- 3Place in a 2 quart casserole.
- 4Heat olive oil in large frypan, add chopped onion and sliced mushrooms, sauté till onions are just turning brown, 5 minutes.
- 5Add ground chicken, pepper and scramble fry with onions and mushrooms turning often until no longer pink, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 6Add stewed tomatoes, simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 7Add chicken/tomato mixture to casserole.
- 8Stir to mix with pasta.
- 9Add chopped basil, turn several times to distribute through casserole.
- 10Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of casserole and bread crumbs if using.
- 11Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbling around edges and Parmesan is melted and crisp.
- 13Use chopped veggies, any that you have and a half pound of very lean hamburger.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 1012.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 37.4 g