1/2 Photos of Ground Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni
This is a lovely recipe that I found on the net. I made changes as I saw fit. It can also be made with ground turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (use your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 10 large egg roll wraps
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2First take out a skillet and saute ground chicken, onion and garlic.
- 3Using a spatula, make sure you break up the chicken making sure there are no chunks.
- 4Allow mixture to cook for approximately 5 minutes until it is nicely browned and remove from heat.
- 5Add your spinach, salt, pepper and 1/2 of your parm.
- 6cheese to the chicken and thoroughly combined.
- 7In a bowl, combine your tomato sauce with your herbs, adding additional herbs if you desire.
- 8Take our a baking dish and put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- 9Place a small amount (about 1/3 cup) of your chicken mixture into your egg roll wrapper.
- 10You will want to make a bunched line with the mixture closer to one side of the wrapper, making sure that you are placing it lengthwise down the longer side of the wrapper.
- 11Fold the shorter side of the wrapper in (the side that runs lengthwise next to the mixture) completely over the mixture, and then fold over both sides of the wrapper that run the other direction.
- 12Then you will want to go to the end with the mixture and start folding (rolling) it tightly to make a cylinder.
- 13Make sure that when you come to the end of the last edge, that it is sealed tightly.
- 14Place the closed, filled wrappers into your baking dish and top with the remaining sauce and parm cheese.
- 15Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and the 1/2 cup of mozzerella cheese.
- 16Place your baking dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 1521.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.8 g