Ground Chicken and Black-Bean Chili
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pre-minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 7 ounces roasted green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (rinsed & drained (no fat)
- 14 ounces canned chicken broth (no fat or reduced sodium)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over med heat. Add pepper, onion, and garlic; saute until tender, about 12 minute.
- 2Add chili powder and cumin; stir to blend. Increase heat to med high and add turkey; break up with spoon and saute until turkey is no longer pink, about 3 minute.
- 3Add beans, broth, diced tomatoes, chopped chilies and tomato paste and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer chili (uncovered) until liquid.
- 4thickens, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Season with salt & pepper.
- 5Serve garnished with some reduced fat shredded mexican cheese (jack/colby mix) and a whole wheat tortilla.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Chicken and Black-Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 679.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted green chilies