Ground Chicken and Black-Bean Chili
- Heat oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over med heat. Add pepper, onion, and garlic; saute until tender, about 12 minute.
- Add chili powder and cumin; stir to blend. Increase heat to med high and add turkey; break up with spoon and saute until turkey is no longer pink, about 3 minute.
- Add beans, broth, diced tomatoes, chopped chilies and tomato paste and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer chili (uncovered) until liquid.
- thickens, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve garnished with some reduced fat shredded mexican cheese (jack/colby mix) and a whole wheat tortilla.