Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
The title tells the whole story!
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 lb frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in a medium size bowl. Add ground beef, mix well. Set aside and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat until starting to sizzle.
- Add garlic. Cook 10-12 seconds.
- Lower heat to medium-high. Add beef WITH the marinade. Fry 2-3 minuts until meat has browned. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon making sure to drain well. Set aside.
- Make a slurry with cornstarch and water.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over high heat, add corn and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and salt, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Return meat to skillet and mix well.
- You're done! Enjoy!
Good, filling, fast and easy! Although I increased the ground beef to 1 1/2 pounds, but not changing anything else. Thanks for sharing!