Recipe by Davebud
Quick and easy...great meal for a couple of nights.This recipe came from an excellent site "Meals for You" I highly recommennd this site.I was never a cook...upon discovering this site and Meals for you all the mystery has been removed...which was deciding what the hec to make.
Top Review by birdonatether
Awful. The ingredients sound like they'd go together but don't. We ate two bites a piece and threw the rest out. That's a lot of food to waste. BTW: It's called "Ground Beef with Spinach and Brown Rice," yet calls for white rice. I doubt the brown rice would've helped.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups recipe-ready crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces spinach, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup white rice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-reactive skillet, sauté beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until beef is browned and crumbly.
- Drain off excess fat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender.