A quick and easy every day meal. Can be frozen with good result. Yoghurt can be substituted with sour cream
- 603.27 g white potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml thyme, dried
- 9.85 ml oregano, dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 85.04 g tomato paste (1/2 can)
- 295.73 ml low-fat yogurt, strained to obtain sour cream consistency
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- boil potatoes in salted water for 10 min, remove.
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- brown beef; season with thyme, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper.
- add onions and green pepper and stir until softened.
- add tomato paste.
- in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan assemble dish:.
- potatoes + beef mix + potatoes +yoghurt/sour cream + cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minute.
- serve with crusty bread and a salad.