Recipe by Tebo
I "fusion" this by serving it in a tortilla. I put cheese, salsa, sesame seeds & sour cream in bowls. Guests fill a tortilla as they please. Has always been a success with guests.
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (I use grated rind as well)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice& cornstarch and set aside.
- Saute meat over medium high heat until cooked.
- Drain off excess fat, remove and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to skillet, stir fry ginger, garlic and orange peel briefly.
- Add green onion and stir fry 1 minute.
- Return meat to skillet, add hoisin and stir until blended.
- Add orange juice mixture and stir until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Can serve over rice or couscous or"fusion" it as I do.