Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I "fusion" this by serving it in a tortilla. I put cheese, salsa, sesame seeds & sour cream in bowls. Guests fill a tortilla as they please. Has always been a success with guests.
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (I use grated rind as well)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Combine orange juice& cornstarch and set aside.
- Saute meat over medium high heat until cooked.
- Drain off excess fat, remove and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to skillet, stir fry ginger, garlic and orange peel briefly.
- Add green onion and stir fry 1 minute.
- Return meat to skillet, add hoisin and stir until blended.
- Add orange juice mixture and stir until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Can serve over rice or couscous or"fusion" it as I do.
I served it over angel hair pasta, and it was a little dry. Next time, I think I will add a splach of red wine to make it more moist. It was tasty though.
An Epic Fail! My family is still laughing today about me trying to poison them by putting this on the table. The whole mess has the taste and consistency of shellac. I am a witness that it is edible, because I had to eat it all myself. other than that, I couldn't recommend it.
I didn't care for this recipe very much at all. I didn't have any fresh ginger so not sure if that makes the difference or not. I put this in a tortilla like others suggested and only topped it with some cheese. The ground beef had a strange flavor, I didn't taste the orange at all, there was a bit of a kick to it but other than that it was somewhat on the dry side. I can't imagine putting this over rice as there was no extra sauce. My husband thought the recipe was just ok. only one of my kids would even try it, and I did not like it at all. This isn't a recipe I will be making again.