Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother always made this for us when we were kids and now I am making this for my own family. It's easy, cheap and is great for leftovers. This is delicious by itself, or may be served with grated cheese. Add a tossed salad and garlic bread for a great family meal.
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, in a medium to large sized skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat; add onion, green pepper, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper and cook until onion is transparent.
- Add ground beef, salt and pepper, and cook mixture on medium high heat until no pink is showing in the meat; drain.
- Return the mixture to the skillet, add tomato sauce, and simmer.
- Cook macaroni according to directions on box then drain and rinse.
- Add macaroni to ground beef mixture and serve.
My picky daughter loved it! (of course she didn't know it was Bambi). I used pinwheel pasta though since I didn't have any elbow macaroni, which obviously tasted the same. Thanks for the recipe!